Equality at Riverside
Riverside Academy is committed to the principle of equal opportunities for all. We operate an inclusive curriculum, which respects the diverse needs of every child.
Please click on the link below to view our current Equality Statement, information and objectives.
Riverside Academy aims
- Value and recognise the uniqueness and achievement of every member of our academy family
- Raise the aspirations of everyone within our academy community so everyone strives for personal excellence in everything they do
- Nurture and support all abilities, helping every child to achieve his/her potential in all areas of learning – intellectual, emotional, physical, social, moral, spiritual and cultural, placing children’s happiness at the core of what we do
- Provide outstanding teaching and learning which enables all students, regardless of gender, race, background or ability, to excel
- Equip children with the resilience and perseverance to become creative and independent thinkers and to become lifelong learners within an ever-changing world
- Provide a rich, broad and balanced curriculum tailored to the needs of our children with emphasis on developing a love of reading and a rich and varied vocabulary
- Develop learning activities which stimulate positive models of enquiry, reflection, challenge and innovation
- Promote British Values alongside our school values to embody attitudes of care, tolerance, honesty, trust and respect within the academy and wider communities so that children develop as well-rounded and responsible citizens for the future
- Develop outstanding relationships with ‘Parents as equal Partners’ of their children’s learning and with all our stakeholders so everyone works together to achieve the best outcomes.
Riverside Academy models itself on the touchstones of REAch2, whereby as a Trust and an individual academy, we are committed to creating a culture that strongly reflects our Touchstones, seven principles that makes our academy unique and sets us apart from others. Our touchstones are used to express the values and ethos of the Trust and of Riverside Academy, and describe what we will be known for and how we operate: